Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Take Courage

Good Evening. Tonight I want to start with a verse that my prayer partner shared with me shortly after Renewal and I find it coming back to me just when I need it.

Rise up; this matter is in your hands. We will support you, so take courage and do it."
Ezra 10:4

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that most of you probably don't spend much time reading Ezra these days, right? Well, Thanks to Scott for finding this gem and helping me remember that our God is always there. As you all know I'm certainly no Biblical scholar, but I do try to read as much as possible and pray over what I read. This particular verse was one I really had to do some digging on though. I discovered from most commentary that this verse was speaking to Ezra carrying out God's Law and having the courage to do so with the support of other believers. There are many times I've found this concept repeated as I've read. Isn't it amazing how a verse or a chapter keeps coming back to you over and over? Isn't it amazing how God provides encouragement when we need it most?

Its hard being a Christian and walking the walk. I know I can't do it all the time. I struggle to do it half the time in my opinion, but I do always try. I always try to take courage and do what God would want. Why? Is it because of what I want to do? Not always, but because its what God calls me to do. I think if we all are honest we are unruly children at heart. We still do things, think about things, and talk about things that are not pure, but I'm hoping most of us are convicted by the Holy Spirit to make things right. I'm slowly learning that its not about not making mistakes. Its about trying to do better when you do. Even if that means a life long struggle with something. We will all eventually get it, right? Well, YES and its because God will make it so. We CAN hand it over to God if we just have enough faith to believe.

So tonight will you take a walk with me. Will you rise up and take courage and do it. Whatever your "it" is in the name of God, its time. Take heart. There are many of us here to support you! I know I am.

Love in Christ,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment