Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Give Me the Ball

NLT Hebrews 10:35 "So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! ".

Ever wonder what the Bible says about confidence? Well study your concordance and you will find great things. I recently came across this one. I found it very applicable to my own faith walk and have prayed over it much lately. This may come as a surprise to some of you that think I'm very secure and even cocky at times. The real me has been relegated to much less than that over the past 8 months. The real me has taken many blows and if it weren't for words from you my Brothers and Sisters and THE Word I would have believed that I was meant to stay where I've landed. The good news is I believe I'm finally getting my footing and ready to get back in the game. In the movie the Replacements there is a great quote. To paraphrase it, the coach says "when the game is on the line winners want the ball in their hands". So give me the ball! I'm ready to win this one.

Anybody else with me? Are you tired of being just average? Are you tired of being less than you can be? If you are, get in the game! Make things happen and be living examples of what being a Christian is all about. Yes, you heard me right! Being a Christian affords you confidence. Jesus has already won the battle and the devil is under our feet, but we have to BELIEVE IT! So I say BELIEVE, WALK, GRAB A HAND ... time for us to march! Time for us to win!

And If your fast enough you can tackle me before I do my touchdown dance ;o)

Love and Peace through Our Risen Savior,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment