Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mountain Top

Good Evening!

Tonight I'm going to write about something that came to me over the weekend as I was relaxing at Snowshoe, WV. We had the tremendous opportunity to ride on the oldest steam powered train in the U.S. at Cass RR, go hiking, paddle boating, swimming, and just relax inside our condo. Now that in itself would be enough to write about as a "Mountain Top" experience, but it certainly wasn't the only one for me. And, in case you wondered you do not have to be on a mountain to have a "mountain top" experience. Its just a moment in your life when you feel that life doesn't get any better. A time when all is right with the world. They aren't things that you don't deserve, time that you've borrowed, or dreams. They are purely a small glimpse of just a piece of what Heaven will be. When did you have your last one? What did it feel like? And, finally ... Did you take the time to recognize that all of it came from the Creator and thank God for it?

Proverbs 10:22
The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, and he adds no trouble to it.

I used the verse above to demonstrate that wealth is not always material. And, I'm guessing that your mountain top experience had little to do with money. How rich are you? Well, take a moment and think of your mountain top moment... let it sink in. Yep, you have more than you deserve, don't you? I know that I do. I don't deserve what I have. I don't deserve half of it or a quarter of it. But, I'm slowly learning not to question the gifts and blessings that are literally laid at my feet and to cherish them as I should. Guess what? I've been able to recognize many more blessings and even notice a couple more Mountain Tops... hope you can too.

To borrow from a card that Pastor John distributed at his last sermon at UALC "Jesus is the same, yesterday... today... and, tomorrow". And, we have been so richly blessed by his ultimate gift. Now, its time for us to hold onto the others and see them for what they are.

Love and peace from Our Savior and All Praise to Him for all of our blessings! And, may a mountain top experience be in your near future!
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment