Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Have you found your gifts yet?

Good Afternoon All,
Well it appears the rain has slowed down some and I won't be needing a boat to get to my car after all. Hope this email finds you out of the weather and safe and secure as well. This morning as I was driving into work I was thinking about the gifts that God gives each of us and a passage that I recently read in 1 Corinthians ...

"There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord" 1 Corinthians 12:4-5

Isn't it amazing that God places gifts into people at the perfect time and for the perfect purpose. I've been given more gifts than I would feel that I deserve and in my opinion don't use them nearly as much as I should for his purpose. But, I do recognize they are there and not of me, not because of me, and not necessarily for me. I just pray that I can do more with them in the future. How about you? What are your gifts? When did you last use them for good?

I would encourage all of you to take a deep introspective look at your gifts and would challenge you to find ways to use them to be more of a good and faithful servant. Also, if you know of one that I have that I don't use much that I have let me know ... let me know. Sometimes we are blinded by our own lack of confidence in our abilities. And, yes that is a huge obstacle for me to overcome believe it or not. More often than not, my swagger is only a front. I would also offer to tell you of the gifts that I see in you if you would like me to as your Brother in Christ. You all have amazing gifts. Some of you use them frequently and I'm in awe and some just shine at the right moments. At any rate, you all are a gift to me in one way or another and for that I'm forever grateful.

As we all continue on our journey I think we should occasionally remind one another of the good we do and the service we provide. Encouragement from a friend is one of the most powerful motivators. There is nothing that can stop us, but ourselves. We are after all children of the most powerful God. And he never lets us leave his hands.

Good luck on your journey to find your gifts and hopefully I'll get to see you in action using them soon! Love In Christ,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment