Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Brotherhood of Believers

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Today I want to talk about Family. And, not worldly family ... I want to talk about the family of believers that we all are a part of. This came to me the other day when I casually referred to one of my Renewal Brothers as Brother. Someone said "They aren't really your Brother, why do you call them that?" ... OH BOY, what a question? Thanks God for putting that one on me :o) Well, I simply explained the bond that we all share in Christ and how although we may not be related by who are Fathers and Mothers are, but by the Body and Blood of our Risen King.

Praise to God that this recognition of who my Brothers and Sisters are exists in my mind and that I'm not afraid to show it or speak of it!

Why do I bring this up to all of you? Well that answer is simple as well. Because at the end of a very long day when you may feel beaten and battered by the world you need to always remember that you have Family to embrace you, love you, and pray for you. We are a brotherhood of believers. And together with our Heavenly Father, nothing can stop us, and nothing can overcome us.

And, yes... This Brother is always here for you!

1 Peter 2:17
Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king.


Love In Christ,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment