Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hope

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer ~ Romans 12:12

Good Morning Everyone!
What a perfect morning out there this morning! I was actually able to find some clear sidewalks to run on believe it or not. As I was running this a.m. I was thinking about my life 5 years ago... just before Will was born and pondering just what God still has in store for me. After all, nothing in our lives seems to be conventional. To be honest it was really a test of faith that God would deliver us the gift of life on his time and according to his plan with both boys. He certainly followed through and for that we are forever changed.

Will came out of the gate with a head of steam. All of you know that Will certainly is full of life and reminds us everyday of what "ENERGY" is like. What an awesome gift he is to us! He has taught us many things... a love of anything motorized, a deep love for music and dancing, and more than anything else, patience ;o) God certainly has a plan for Will to do great things. One of the greatest is to teach his parents about resolve, patience, and love while raising a strong willed child.

And, then there's Henry. What a special little angel. He is so much different than Will. He's the somewhat reserved gentle soul that reminds us of courage and strength. When you think of being a parent you never think you will be a parent of a special needs child, but in many ways I wouldn't change it. Aside from the medical bills, its the most amazing experience anyone can have. To watch Henry do what is "unexpected" and to watch him figure things out is a blessing unto itself. The past couple of weeks with restraint therapy have probably been the most challenging, but they are just another chapter in a great story of overcoming obstacles. Henry, the main character in this story is not only a hero to those that watch him... he's my personal hero. I wish I had an ounce of that determination... I might be able to run ultra-marathons if I did.

Will and Henry are my teachers, my students, and my inspiration. They have replaced many bad things in my past with hope for the future. I started this message today with Romans 12:12. Following along with that verse I will say that God has used these little miracles to teach me about hope, patience, and faith. It is an honor to be tasked with teaching them the values that our Savior would ask us to embody. I pray everyday that I will somehow be able to be an example for them to follow and a resource for their walk in faith.

Today I've highlighted two very special souls in my faith walk. They are not alone. All of you have somehow contributed to where I'm at today. And, many that are dancing, singing, and praising our Father in Heaven have played a huge part. If I listed each one it would truly turn into a book and to this date I don't have publisher that would be interested, so I will digress ;o)

Who are the people in your life that inspire and guide you? Have you told them? If not, what better time? And, remember to tell them how much they mean to you. Remember this life is but a breath. Make the most of it... if not for your sake, for those you love.

I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, ~ Ephesians 1:18

Have an awesome Thursday everyone and a relaxing and fun filled Holiday weekend!
Love in Christ,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment