Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Archive Post on Breathtaking

Good Morning All... The message beyond the subject later, but first:


Not to us, O LORD, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness. – Psalm 115:1

You know the saying that life isn’t measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take you breath away. I had one of those this weekend. Literally … I laughed at points where I couldn’t breath. It was quite possibly one of the best weekends I’ve ever had (minus the minor hangover from enjoying too many spirits of course). It’s so truly amazing that God chose me to be able to experience such joy! I’m truly humbled to be able to have so much fun! I’m sure many of you have been in situations like that. I hope they have happened recently and often. For me they have been fairly uncommon the past couple of years, but I take every one of them as the precious gifts that they are.

I’m so blessed. I’m so very richly blessed! I’m not sure why, but in spite of everything I think or do God lays these gifts at my feet. He chooses me, a wretched sinner, incapable of consistently delivering on my promises, to experience joy in this harsh world. He always seems to know when it’s the right time to provide them and when I need them most. I know many of you think I’m extremely critical of myself when I say that I, of all people, don’t deserve the blessings I have, but I definitely don’t deserve what he gives me. We serve a King that knows us and loves us more than we love ourselves! How great is that?! I for one, think it is beyond comprehension! How Great is Our God!

I would encourage each of you to consider and reflect on those “breath taking moments” and Thank God for them. Thank God for all that he gives and does for you… I know I’m not going to miss a moment to do so.

Love in Christ,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment