Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Archive Post on Why

Good Morning Everyone! And, a cold one it has started out to be! Running with negative wind chills is a little challenging I must say. Had to cut it to less than 4 miles this a.m. because of it.

This morning something was really weighing heavy on my mind and its what I would call for lack of a better term the cycles of life. Michelle and I often refer to the ups and downs and twists and turns as "The Roller Coaster" (taken from the movie "parenthood"). Specifically I want to discuss the mountain top experiences and the abysmal moments of despair. Isn't it crazy how one moment you can be at rock bottom and then something happens to completely lift your spirit and mind? Actually its not crazy... Its God!

One of our dearest friends once got us a card that said "God has a plan" on the front. How absolutely true that is. We may not always know what it is or agree with it, but its there. And the plan is to prosper us in spite of ourselves. I read a verse a couple of weeks ago from The Message and I think it really fits:

Psalm 30:4-5 (The Message) All you saints! Sing your hearts out to God! Thank him to his face! He gets angry once in a while, but across a lifetime there is only love. The nights of crying your eyes out give ways to days of laughter.


As I looked at this text I thought how awesome is that verse? Think about those moments when you cried until you had no more tears and now think about the moments of joy that followed. Sure, not always right away and not on "our" time, but they do come. I've heard people say that "I wish I wasn't supposed to be a part of this" or "Why does this have to happen?" I'll offer some of my perspective and that is because God knows you are suited for it and he has a love that can carry you through it... no matter how hard it is. He is stronger than any problem we have and any horrible situation we encounter. Don't give up on life's struggles, give them to God. I've also heard... Let Go and Let God! Don't believe me? Then you haven't truly turned your life to Christ and I encourage you to do so. And, say a prayer for all of us (definitely me included) that we can continue to trust in Christ when the world crumbles around us so that we can truly experience his joy... such unspeakable JOY!


Much love to all of you ... may you stay warm with the love, friendship, and peace that surrounds you in this New Year!

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment