Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What's Holding You Back?

Many times in this life I've asked myself the question "What holds me back from being who I want to be, having what I want, or doing what I want?" The answer many times is simple ... FEAR. Why is that possible? and What is fear anyway?

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
1 John 4:18

I want you to consider the Bible verse above for a moment. Read it, digest it, and pray about it. What does it say to you? You know what it says to me? It tells me that the only limitation I have is allowing myself to believe I'm not loved enough to do something great, not loved enough to overcome the obstacles, not loved enough to succeed. All of those things come down to allowing "FEAR" to rule my actions. "FEAR" to freeze me. Well, one of the decisions I made this past year was to not let my life be ruled by "fear" and calculation. Rather, I've placed my trust in God, my trust in those that surround me in love, and allowed myself to just "be". No I didn't magically pop into the perfect life, but life got much better when I let go and allowed myself to be fully loved.

Now I want to talk about the other part of this. Who needs you? Who needs perfect love, Agape love? Have you shared it with them or do you just assume they will overcome their obstacles on their own. Do me a favor. Be another tool in their toolbox. Give them perfect love and allow them to cast out the fear that may be holding them back.

And, pray for me that I'm somehow strong enough to do the same. There's so much pain in this world that could be taken away if we only allowed ourselves to truly be and make Disciples of our Risen Savior.

Love and peace in Christ,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment