Monday, February 21, 2011

The Fixer

Good Evening My Brothers and Sisters!
I hope this email finds you well. Tonight I have a question for you. Do you have anyone in your life or know anyone that always wants to FIX things instead of wanting to listen? Well, I do and that person is me. I've been told its typical of the male gender to want to make everything right prior to listening and hearing things out, but I don't blame it on anything other than lack of patience. Why do I want to "Fix" things you ask? Its simple. I'm uncomfortable with pain. I'm uncomfortable with heartache. I'm uncomfortable with tears. I'm uncomfortable being on the bench or the sidelines and not being an active participant at making things right for people I love. Rather than listening I want to take action. I don't think this is all bad, but I do believe there is great merit in a pause... great merit in a prayerful response... great merit in letting God take care of things.

2 Corinthians 5:7 "We live by faith and not by sight"

Answer me this... Does the "fixer" truly live by faith or sight? I believe the fixer in me lives by sight and only the patient Christian in me lives by faith. I would guess the same would ring true for all of the "fixers" in the world. If we could only allow ourselves to let Faith be an action verb in our lives we wouldn't need to jump on everything and fix it. Rather, God would direct our actions and lead us to the truth. If you know a "fixer" or if you are one take a moment to prayerfully consider the verse above. What does it say to you? Are there circumstances swelling around you right now that you could apply some Faith instead of Sight? Is there an opportunity to allow yourself to grow? I have some and I'm praying as hard as I possibly can. And, I have FAITH that God will lead me straight to where I need to be... even if that's just being a good listener.

Love and Peace Through Our Risen Savior,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment