Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Courage

What is one of the hardest things to embrace in this life? CHANGE!

Anyone good at it? Please, Please, Please let me know your secret because I am not good at it. I loath it, fear it, run from it, insulate myself from it, and otherwise try to have nothing to do with it. Why? Because I'm good at just being who I am without altering anything. I like the predictable. I like the safe. I don't like change!

Wonder why I even touch this subject? Because this year will almost certainly be a year of change for me. I know it. I have faith in it. And, this change will be positive if I only have the courage to accept it. I look at those around me that are facing extreme challenges and wonder how they ever find the courage to do it. I wonder how do they seem so calm when a storm is raging all around them. I prayed and prayed this past week for God to give me some wisdom and some courage to embrace the unknown. It was in discerning prayer this morning during my run that the Holy Spirit directed me back to one of my favorite Bible verses. One that is likely very familiar to all of you:

Isaiah 40:31 "Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary"

I guess as I read these words again I'm reminded that there is NOTHING God can't do! We have the power to do anything and overcome anything if we trust in him. We have the power to make change a positive thing. I encourage all of you to help me and yourselves to look at change coming in your life and serve as an example for those around you. They may be asking "How do they have so much courage to overcome change?" Don't keep it a secret. Be good Disciples ... share the Good News!

Pray for me my Brothers and Sisters. I'm at somewhat of a crossroad in my career and may be making a dramatic shift soon if its God's will to do so.
Love and Peace from Our Savior,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment