Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Archive Post on Patience

Ok, its just me again finally getting a break and time to write... coming off a very powerful meeting last night at my men's group at church and being refreshed by the spirit after giving my witness talk to my brothers in Christ for a second time before our giving weekend. Today I continued reading the New Testament and the Book of Matthew (Our church is reading the whole New Testament this year). What I continue to discover is that I miss much on my initial readings and have to go back and read them again to figure out just what God is trying to tell me. In Matthew, Jesus talks of "Faith" over and over. I don't believe that is an accident.

One of my devotionals last week considered the following verse:
"But if we hope for that which we see not, then we do with patience wait for it" - Romans 8:25

The author spoke of the power of being in the valleys of our lives and using them as learning experiences. Having been in many valleys in the not so distant past, I'm really learning to treasure them as growth experiences. I also recognize that they are not created by God, but God will be there with me the entire time to provide what I need to become stronger in my faith. Being the impatient person I am, I always want the instant solution and the instant way out. This is where my faith is tested most. We all know life doesn't give us those "instant" solutions very often and many times those valleys seem like they will never end. I can tell you that I for one know that they do. I've made a commitment the past year to get back on track and be a disciple for our Risen King. This isn't always easy and I know that I've probably made some around me uncomfortable with my candidness. I'm glad I can count on all of you as my friends and family to be a good sounding board and I hope that if you gain anything from my words, its that I know I'm a sinner, I know I fall everyday, but I also know that Jesus is there to pick me up and dust me off. Praise be to God... God is good... all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment