Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Archive Post on My Blessings

Did anyone see that sunrise this morning? WOW! Some would probably say the mix of gases and the atmosphere led to the different shades and colors, but we know its just another blessing. Moments like this morning are so humbling to me and remind me of how blessed I truly am. I guess I could take all day to count my blessings and list each of you by name as to how you've brought rich blessings in my life, but I'll keep it generic and let you guess where you fall. Those included in this email have held me when I've cried, watched me fail and rise again to the top of a mountain; been there with me at life's most joyous and troublesome times; inspired me by the way that you provide guidance to children and remain patient doing so; provided me inner strength by a smile, hug, or simple phrase at the right time; made me want to be a better man because of the life you live; forgiven me when I've hurt you and hugged me when you probably wanted to hit me; and held me accountable as a fellow Christian, family member, and friend. Thanks be to God for the blessings he has given me through you. Who you are made a difference to someone and that someone is me!

Have a great Friday everyone! I didn't get a chance to read my devotional today, but wanted to share a verse that Gov. Strickland has on his desk. Yes, I'm talking about a Democrat, but we know none of us is perfect... we can't all have R's behind our name ;o) Just kidding my Democrat friends!

Micah 6:8 He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

And then another verse just because I like it...Ecclesiastes 4:12 “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken” (NIV).

Much love to all of you,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment