Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Archive Post on Forgiveness

Ok, I just got a chance to type, but had to get a portion of a devotional out. Its only a portion because I realize you might appreciate a quick hitter. Anyway the devotional I read today was about forgiveness. Not just from God, but forgiving others who have hurt you. A D.J. on the River Radio station put it best yesterday "some cuts are too deep for a band-aid". Have you ever been cut like that? Sure you have. The question is how do you respond? The title "how many times" is reflective of this. How many times do you have to forgive someone? Christ tells us in Matthew 18:21-22 that there simply isn't a count. You forgive and forgive and forgive and forgive as much as it is necessary just as Jesus doesn't keep count of our sins. That is not to say we let the other person off the hook, but its to live like Jesus would want us to and strengthen each other in prayer. I for one don't know the reason bad things happen or the reason that we hurt each other, but I know we do. My prayer for all of us is that we can take a lesson from what Christ has said and share the good news through the act of forgiving one another regardless if the offender is worthy of it. That's their cross to bear and pray that they can resolve the guilt that may be on their heart for hurting you.

Again, I will confess to all of you my Brothers and Sisters that I struggle daily with many demons that haunt me. These demons have led me down paths I never wanted to go and in the past have resulted in a hardened heart, damaged relationships, and separation from God. I Pray Daily to be released from the guilt that my inadequacies cause in my life and only hope that the Grace of God will take it away. So you see, in many ways I find myself being a hypocrite for sending a devotional like this to all of you, but then again... its what I've been led to do. I hope God at least has a place for a sanitation worker in heaven ;o) That would be appropriate. So take this devotional as guidance and I ask that you pray for me that I can live my life following the giving and receiving end of all of this.

In Christ,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment