Monday, May 2, 2011

Tell me Can you Witness

Good Evening!
Not sure if this will make a whole lot of sense this evening, but I'm going to give it a shot. This week I want to briefly discuss the topic of witnessing. What do I mean by this? Its simply talking to others about Jesus and the impact being a believer has had on your life. Lets look at a verse to put this in perspective:

Matthew 28: 18-20

18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Some of you probably recognize this verse and I know of at least one of you that its your favorite. What does it say to you about witnessing? I think its pretty straight forward isn't it? We are commanded to go and make disciples of all nations in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. How cool is that?!

I want to tell you of something that happened to me last Friday. I was playing my guitar with a friend in a local coffee shop and we were picking out some popular songs in preparation for a set that we are going to play at Delaware's Relay for Life this year. I took a moment to play a Christian Song. Actually the one I'm going to have played at my funeral party someday.... any guesses? Seriously though I wasn't afraid to play it in public... Why? Because that is first and foremost who Steve Ruckman is. I'm a Child of God! And I'm not Ashamed! I'm proud of it! I can talk for hours about it and have actually talked several friends ears almost completely off on the subject. I guess what I'm saying is once you dive in you don't look back. Submerse yourself in those healing waters and then TESTIFY! Testify to the impact it makes on you. Live it and Love it!

I believe there are several types of people in this world. A couple of these are Believers who walk it, Believers who take the free ride, Non-believers who show apathy, and Haters who represent the antithesis of our belief. Each one of these four groups offers and opportunity. Certainly each merits a different approach, but this week I want you think about whether you know anyone in the categories above and develop your plan to reach out and transform them or encourage them on their walk. Enjoy the gift of witnessing... let it lead your heart to smile!!!!!

Love and Peace In Christ,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment