Monday, May 30, 2011

Ever make a mistake?

Good Afternoon and Happy Memorial Day!

Hope everyone is getting to spend some time in the sun with friends and family and remembering all of those that gave so much for us. Today also brought on news of a resignation... Coach Tressel's resignation. I don't think there were many that haven't heard about it, do you? Now comes all of the talk, all the buzz. I bet the you've probably heard things like "I can't believe Tressel let that go on" or "How can he look at himself in the mirror" or "what a total lack of class". Really? Really? How many of those individuals are perfect? How many of them have never made a mistake? How many of them in the same situation wouldn't have done the exact same thing? Let me guess anyone hear said "I would have done better". Would you?
How do you know unless you have walked in that person's shoes and who are you to judge?

Remember Matthew 7: 2-5

2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Are you willing to be held up to the same measure. Be careful. If you've ever made a mistake would you ask for compassion and love or judgment. I'm not saying its not fair to help others see things from a Christian view, but I am saying that there is great hazard in passing judgment on others with your own wisdom. Why not pray and ask for wisdom for the person with lack of judgment. Why not seek to help them? Why not ask God to ease their pain? Yes, they do suffer.

I know that I'm so far from perfect that I cannot question the behavior of anyone and it deeply troubles me that so many of my Brothers and Sisters are far to quick to jump on the bandwagon to beat someone when they are already down. I actually identify with Jim Tressel... I've felt much like he probably is feeling right now. I hope this message doesn't find you in the company of fellow haters and if it does, maybe its time for a change of scenery.

Have a great week and do me a favor that will only benefit you... take a moment, pause, and pray before you begin the beating of a man that is already down.

Love in Christ,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment