Monday, April 4, 2011

What have you done for HIM lately?

Good Evening,
I write to you on this Monday evening as a very tired Dad after a long day of meetings, playing with boys, and getting them ready for bedtime. Tonight as I was going through what seems to be a nightly routine I couldn't help, but wonder: Did I glorify God today? What did I do that was significant enough to be a gift to my Risen Savior? Or, in reality did I do anything at all or live in apathy? Ever ask yourself these questions. Ever wonder if you have a purpose beyond what you are doing? Rick Warren certainly did a wonderful job discussing Purpose in his book Purpose Driven Life, but tonight I want to get to the basics. Touch you at your core. Did you do ANYTHING today to Glorify God? What about yesterday? What about last week?

Hard questions. Now I will follow up with one I ask myself quite often: Did I do enough? Let's look at a verse:
Romans 1:4-5
And Jesus Christ our Lord was shown to be the Son of God when God powerfully raised him from the dead by means of the Holy Spirit. Through Christ, God has given us the privilege and authority to tell Gentiles everywhere what God has done for them, so that they will believe and obey him, bringing glory to his name.

Pretty powerful words. Words of truth, challenge, and light. We are not asked to glorify Him, we are given the privilege and authority to do so. It is up to us to take advantage of every opportunity to speak of Our Risen Savior.

Now for a gut check... Not too keen on being a witness? Are you saying Steve, you are nuts I can't talk to someone about God... they will think I'm a Holy Roller or Religious Freak. Or, maybe you are saying "I just don't have the words". If that is true I'm going to ask you to use what you do have to Glorify God. You don't have to use words to "speak". Use your talents, use your actions, use music, use love. All of these and many more can help you reach those in need. And, don't expect immediate reward. You may never know just how much of a difference you have made to someone. You may never know if you have truly helped "Your One" find Jesus until you get to heaven and see them there. This is all the more reason that I ask you during you morning prayers or during a moment of quiet during your morning that you ask God to show you one way that you can glorify him each day. And, don't worry if you seem to focus on one person on one thing for an extended period of time. That one person may be the one that needs you most. And, guess what? Others watch and they will notice you doing God's work, good work. They will truly see you good and faithful servant.

May God Bless Us All as we continue focus on hearts on the sacrifice Jesus gave us on the cross.
Love in Christ,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment