Saturday, January 8, 2011

Did yo u see them?

Good Evening!

I want you to take a moment and think about your day. Think about your trip to school, work, play, and your trip back home again. Think about all the faces. Did you see the smiles? Did you see the frowns? Did you see the joy? Did you notice the sorrow? Or, did you not recognize them at all? Was your day more focused on you. Was it more about how your work was? Was it more about what you needed to get done around the house? Was it
Self Centered or Christ Centered?

Are you with me now? I write tonight about the forgotten. They may be strangers, coworkers, people you do business with, or they may even be your family and friends. I say they are the forgotten because sometimes we fail to recognize how life is treating our Brothers and Sisters. We fail to ask how they are really doing and care about the answer. We fail to see through the fake smiles to see that they are hurting. We also fail to celebrate true joy when we see it in their eyes. Not because we don't care, but because we don't "see" them. At least we don't "see" them as Christ would have us see them. I often pray for the discerning eyes of our Savior that I can do more, be more, and witness more to those in need. I truly am an infant in many ways in my faith walk, but have been Blessed time and again to see the "real" in my Brothers and Sisters and act on it. I just hope I do it enough to use the gift God has given me.

Do you have similar opportunities waiting for you? Who in your life needs a Christian hug, hand to hold, or a smile to tell them you care? Who would benefit by you taking five minutes to ask them about how they are doing? Do you have a picture of a person in your mind? Go to them the first chance you get and tell them you care. Let them see Jesus in you. You may be surprised it may be just the thing you need to open up a conversation about God.

About a month ago when I was struggling, one of my Dearest Sisters in Christ told me that my conviction and sticking with her during a very difficult time she was having was the reason that she came back to Church... the reason she came back to Jesus. Now you and I both know the truth that it had little to do with me, but more about Christ speaking through my words and actions. I truly was humbled by her words and am so grateful God used me in a small way to get her back to the Kingdom. I guess I was just blessed enough to be his instrument. Therefore, I say to each and everyone of you that you may have someone waiting that needs you. Don't let them down by being silent. "SEE THEM" and take a faith walk to show them you care.

Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's Grace in its various forms
- 1 Peter 4:10

Love and prayers that you are ready to take that next step,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment