Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Silent Service and Appreciation

Good Afternoon,
The strangest thing happened to me the other day. I was cruising right along thinking about the gifts I've been given in this life I realized more than ever that those that shine the brightest are also often the ones that would rather be out of the spotlight. As I considered my gratitude towards these individuals I was also reminded that they never truly see themselves as the beacons of light that they truly are. Call it humility, call it lack of self confidence, call it what you will, but I see it as quiet strength. Sure this world needs those that are bold, but it also needs those that live quietly in the background. They are leaders in their own way and give those that are loud, like myself, strength. I am inspired and awed by my Christian Brothers and Sisters that silently serve everyday. You DO make a difference! You challenge others to be lights in their own right and you lead them toward the paths that God would have them take.

Do any of you know someone who silently serves? They may be active in Church, active in the community, but really don't realize how much they do for others. If you do, please take a moment and lift them up. Tell them how much you love and appreciate all that they do. Tell them of their greatest strength that inspires you. I know I'm often remiss in doing this and often find myself lacking courage to do so, but I'm working on it and hope you will too. Don't assume that someone knows all the good work they are doing. Put it into words and let them hear it. Its hard for me to do it in a bulk email setting, but will tell you all that I see your gifts, silent or loud, and I hear them. You inspire me, challenge me, strengthen me, and lift me up. If you can do that for this wretched sinner, you can do it for anyone... So Thank You for helping me and those around you! I am not blind and realize that there are many in this world that probably mock you, degrade you, and make you feel like you are less than you are, but don't ever lose heart and don't ever stop serving! Its not only your calling, its your gift!

1 Corinthians 12:27 "Now you are the body of Christ and each one of you is a part of it"

Love in Christ,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment