Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hold on Tight

Good Evening!
I know kind of weird for me to be typing one of these at night, but I finally found time and wanted to write down some thoughts that have been swirling in my mind. While on vacation I took will into the ocean. He said "Dad, take me where I can't touch". I replied "Will, aren't you afraid?" He said "No Dad... you will save me." Wow, such blind trust and faith from a 5 year old in his Dad. It really stirred up some emotions for me and as you can imagine one of those was do I trust anyone that much? Would I let someone carry me into the ocean over my head if I knew I was no match for the pounding waves? Well, the answer is ... Absolutely yes! Truth be told I would trust pretty much every one of you with my life. Why? Well, not by your character alone, but by your demonstration of faithfulness. The same demonstration of faithfulness that our Heavenly Father gives to us. The following Proverb really hits this well:

Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart. And lean not on your own understanding"


I believe you can draw much from this verse, but mostly I draw reassurance that Our God will never let us drown. I know sometimes we feel as life is out to get us. Those figurative waves I spoke of in the story above are beating us relentlessly. But, you know what... God is so much bigger... his hands are wrapped tightly around you and he won't let go. This is also to be said of any of you that feel like you always have a rough road ahead of you and nothing comes easy. God is right there with you. Don't over think it. Allow the Lord to be your heart and your guide. Don't let your own thoughts trick you. Next time you wonder if there's someone willing to stand up and keep you from drowning look no further than this email. I will and so will our Risen Savior. And by the way... He Lives... He Lives Through Us Everyday!... If we only open our hearts and minds.

May all of you have a blessed evening and a wonderful upcoming weekend. I apologize for the brief hiatus in these emails... The Outerbanks of North Carolina took me away ;o)

Love you all,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment