Monday, March 21, 2011

You're Beautiful

Good Evening! Sometimes I start these little testimonies with a Bible verse or an experience. Tonight I want to start with a portion of the lyrics to a song by Mercy Me "Beautiful"

Days will come when you don't have the strength
And all you hear is you're not worth anything
Wondering if you ever could be loved
And if they truly saw your heart
They'd see too much

You're beautiful, You're beautiful
You are made for so much more than all of this
You're beautiful, You're beautiful
You are treasured, you are sacred, you are His
You're beautiful

And now for the verse... Jeremiah 1:5 (The Message)

5"Before I shaped you in the womb,
I knew all about you.
Before you saw the light of day,
I had holy plans for you:
A prophet to the nations—
that's what I had in mind for you."


Tonight I'm going to ask a tough question of all of you. What do you see when you look in the mirror? Do you see the beauty God has placed inside you or do you see what the world has done to you. How many times have you told yourself I wish I was a better person, wish I did more, wish I gave more, wish I witnessed more, wish I lived my life more like Christ. Well, I think the answer is we all do that quite often, if not daily. I know that I do. Part of this is conviction and self challenge and that part is good. But, the devil has a way of altering this conviction into guilt and pain. It is then we should remember words like what are written above be that in song or scripture.

We need to remind ourselves of how God sees us. Yes, he sees as as sinners, but he also loves us with his pure and perfect love. We are his Children! When was the last time you called yourself a Child of God? There's power in those words. Just like there is power in knowing you are beautiful in God's eyes no matter how much others try to degrade you or make you feel less than you are.

I want to issue a personal challenge to each and everyone of you. The next time you look in the mirror I want you to say "I am a Child of God and I am Beautiful to him. All of me. My heart, my body, and my soul." Let it ring true. Let it carry you. Because I can tell you that each and everyone one of you is not only Beautiful to Our Living God. You are Beautiful to me! Thank you for being such amazing Brothers and Sisters in Christ. Each one of you has made a positive difference in my life and I see the Beauty inside you!

Have a Blessed Week! Love and Peace to you in Christ,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment