Monday, March 7, 2011

Time for a Mini-Renewal?

What's your worst? Yes... I'm asking... What is the worst thing you've ever done in your life? Who did you hurt? When did it happen? Why did you do it? What did it profit you?

Some introduction tonight, huh? I write this introduction not to convict you this evening. My guess is by visiting the questions above, you've already done that to yourself sometime a long time ago. Tonight I ask those questions because I want to focus on one of the most powerful things we experience as Christians, but sadly one of the hardest for many of us to accept. Any Guesses? A couple of you probably nailed it. The gift I'm talking about tonight is the gift of GRACE! You can't buy it, can't earn it, can't fathom it, but it is freely given by our Risen Savior and the sacrifice he made for us on the cross.

Grace has been on my mind quite a bit lately. Mostly because I'm one of those beat yourself up Christians ... the kind of Christian that persecutes himself for hours, days, and weeks over his failures. How weak that is of me when all I really have to do is freely receive the Grace that comes from Christ. What about you? Do you dwell on your failures like me or are you truly faithful and allow Grace to cover you like a blanket on a cold winter's morning? If you are like me, I want you to step out with me a little in the coming weeks as we enter this Lenten Season. I want you to turn to your Concordance in your Bible and look up Grace and Forgiveness. I ask that you and I pray together about the verses that lie there and allow them to truly penetrate our hearts. Its time for a mini-Renewal if you will for me. Its time for me to elevate my game and be a better witness for Christ.

Let's make this year a year of miracles. Don't be afraid to let Christ live through you. I'm opening my heart, trying to let go of guilt and feel the Healing Waters of Christ. Will you do the same? This year as you make you Lenten pledge. Make it count. One of mine is to faithfully read my Bible every day and get on my knees and pray... everyday. Hope to see you there!

Love and Peace to All of You My Brothers and Sisters,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment