Monday, June 28, 2010

Shout Louder

Good Morning Everyone!
This morning as I type I'm reflecting on the past couple of months in my life and those that surround me and I hold dear. It has not been the smoothest of times for any of us, but we still seem to persevere. We do this not because we want to, we do this because we can by the power of the Holy Spirit.

There is nothing more painful than watching someone you love struggling. There is nothing more joyful than watching them rise again. Today while reading through my Bible briefly during a break I came upon Psalm 27. I've probably read it numerous times, but today it seemed to carry more weight. It was like God was using these words to convince me that I could not only be there for those I love, but also share the words so others could gain strength from them.

Here's a couple of verses from Psalm 27... I encourage you to read it all:

5 For in the day of trouble

he will keep me safe in his dwelling;

he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle

and set me high upon a rock.

6 Then my head will be exalted

above the enemies who surround me;

at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy;

I will sing and make music to the LORD.

13 I am still confident of this:

I will see the goodness of the LORD

in the land of the living.

14 Wait for the LORD;

be strong and take heart

and wait for the LORD.


Do you feel the power from those words? Can they live in you as well? What do you think this says about the next time you are faced something from the enemy? I would venture to day that this Psalm might be your secret weapon. It has become a new favorite of mine. Amazing how verses hit you differently at different times in your life. Don't fall into the trap of thinking all is lost. It never is when you remember that you are a child of the Risen King and he will never let you go. Our enemies have some pretty strong weapons, but they are no match for Our God. Be Strong... Take Heart! The Lord is not only watching... he's standing alongside you! Time to raise those shouts of joy! Time to drown out the enemy!

Love in Christ,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment